In 2008, in order to optimise the operational efficiency of TMSA’s two core businesses – the port and business zones – and to increase its development capabilities, TMSA initiated a spin-off process that led to the creation of a subsidiary dedicated to the port’s activity, the company Tanger Med Port Authority SA.
In January 2010, Tanger Med Port Authority was transferred by decree-law all the public missions and prerogatives relating to the management and development of the port complex and has been acting since then as the Port Authority of Tanger Med port.
The Port Authority of Tanger Med focuses its missions on the management and development of infrastructures, the coordination and animation of the port community and guarantees the reliability and performance of the services provided to the port platform’s clients.
• Construction and maintenance of the port infrastructure (dikes, dredging and docking works)
• Development of the port complex’s activities and capacities
• Licensing authority or leading the live operation of port terminals and activities of public service nature
• Organisation and regulation of relations and exchanges between the actors of the port community
• Promotion of Tanger Med port as a whole
• A port police function through the captaincy in charge of the safety and security of the complex.
The Port Authority of Tanger Med performs the following functions:
Apart from the Tanger Med Passenger and Ro-ro port, the main port activities of Tanger Med’s complex are entrusted to renowned national and international private operators who, under concession contracts, invest in the superstructures and equipment of the port and provide services that meet the international standards of quality, safety and security.